Leading Dental Practice in North Brisbane QLD
You can trust us to make your child’s visit to the dentist a fun and painless experience!
Diamond Dental Centre is committed to caring for the smile and good dental health of children. We offer a comprehensive range of dental care for children, infants and adolescents including 6-monthly check-ups, regular professional cleans with optional fluoride treatment, dietary recommendations, instructions for good oral habits and preventative dentistry such as fissure sealants.
Alleviate anxiety for your child.
Nitrous oxide is commonly referred to as ‘laughing gas.’ The use of nitrous oxide helps reduce the pain and anxiety of a child when handling the dental process. The gas is supplied by a little nose piece, and during this procedure your child is awake but relaxed and unworried.
Combined, we can help create a relaxing, fun and comfortable experience for your child.
Hints and Tips to Keep Their Teeth Healthy.
Tooth decay in children is on the rise in Australia, with more than half of all 6-year-olds having some decay in their baby or adult teeth. So it’s more important than ever to teach your child good oral health habits that will stay with them for life.
- Brush your child’s teeth twice a day, using small circular motions. Their teeth should be cleaned after eating and before bed using toothpaste with fluoride that is suitable for children. This can help to strengthen the outside of the teeth and prevent decay. Make sure they brush for at least 2 minutes and remind them not to swallow the toothpaste.
- Help your child to brush their teeth from the time they get their first tooth until they are 7 or 8. After that, supervising them is still important.
- Try to get into a regular tooth brushing routine, and give your child plenty of praise when they brush their teeth well.
- Replace toothbrushes or toothbrush heads every 3 months.
- Children should floss as soon as they have 2 teeth that are in contact with each other. You should supervise flossing until they are about 10.
- To develop strong teeth, make sure your child eats a healthy, balanced diet and avoids foods with a lot of added sugar, such as lollies, biscuits and soft drinks. Always choose fluoridated tap water.
- Ensure you bring your child to the dentist every 6 months for their regular check-up and clean. This way, we can help prevent any gum issues or caries.
10% Off Your First Visit
About us & what we strive for
At Diamond Dental Centre we pride ourselves on having a zestful, highly trained and well integrated team of professionals who share a great passion for providing their best to our patients. The entire team will spare no efforts to make your visit a very pleasant experience from the moment you call our office and through treatment and until you leave with a big smile and beyond.
Diamond Dental Centre Lawnton
(07) 3285 6000